Saturday, November 8, 2008

Find Your Own Way to Health, and Your Body Will Find You

I wanted to write a quick blogpost inspired by one of Leslie's comments, here's what she wrote after diving into the pressure cooker world......

" I'm going to be directing people to your blog as my posts about pressure cooking have sparked interest, and your blog is what inspired me to try PCing!"

I don't want this blog to turn into the black hole my original blog turned into! I kept this blog because it's a creative outlet for me to share my passion. My passion is to give the overweight hope and encouragement to create the bodies they thought they could only dream about, by living as an example. I do hope to write a book (s), and/or produce DVD's with more details about how anyone and everyone can do what I did, as far as how I transformed my life, my health, and my body, and that's what I'll spend the majority of my free time on. This blog will reflect how I do those things in my daily life, and I'm happy to share, but I'm not trying to sell anything, or anyone. I'm thrilled for any referrals, but I'm not promoting this blog as a way to gain readership. I trust that if I have something of value then those who can appreciate it will find it.

Good health reflects a healthy bodyweight, it has to.

As I found my own way, my body followed. I knew I had to change what I was eating, and common sense told me that vegetables where the place to start. Eating fresh, natural, live foods will change your health, therefore changing the size of your body. Everyone has to find a way of eating that can be maintainable, and preferrable for the rest of their lives. You can do that by reeducating your taste palate and getting rid of processed foods. A great help is to reestablishing your daily habits to include home food preparation.

Good health reflects a strong body, it has to.

OK, I got the food in order, now I have to exercise. But why? Because being skinny is not enough to reflect good health, you have to be strong to survive, especially as we age. Strong body, strong heart, strong lungs, etc.. We are all here in physical bodies, and we were meant to move them, to use them! Muscle tone is muscle activation. How much tone is directly related to how much you are willing to work for it....tone, definition and strength are the same thing....no one can give it to you, you can't buy it, you have to work for it, you have to earn it.....as Mark always says, "that's the beauty in it, that's my favorite part!"

Good health reflects good thoughts, it has to.

We all have crapola in our heads that seems to make us do things we say we don't want to do. What would life be like if we did only those things we say we want? No one else in in charge of our lives, no one else can tell us how to think. We deserve to have the bodies we want, we deserve to eat good foods to support the body we want, we are smart enough to make the right choices to support having the bodies we want. By moving in the direction of good health we will find our way, but we have to think, and move in the right direction.

I found my own way, it's no secret how I did it or how I do it....everyday.

Cooking and preparing, most all, of my own homemade foods.
Russian kettlebell training, Bikram yoga, walking.
Reminding myself to stay a positive force by appreciating this incredibly good life I have.

You can use my way as an example to what is possible. Find your own way to health.....and then, guess what.....your body will find you.

(This may be the forward to my book!, lol)

7 comments:

The Veggie Queen said...

Yes, definitely get rid of the crapola in the head and on the plate. You nailed it Tracy.

Beth said...

Your story and attitude are an inspiration. I continue to follow your blog and glean good information!

Anonymous said...

I missed the other blog, but i wanted to say also thanks for inspiring me with these recipes....anchovvies rock :)


Regina

Tracy Reifkind said...

Jill,

I'm making your Thai Carrot Coconut soup today! Yay!

My version will be with chicken!

The Veggie Queen said...

I hope that you like it as much as I do. I encourage everyone to make my recipes work for them, by adding whatever they want and need. It would be good with shrimp, too, even though I don't eat it. Let me know what you think, and what other changes you made.

Tracy Reifkind said...

beth,

That's what I hope to do, is give good information, and spread good information. I would love this blog to be more interactive, it would be great if more people commented because we all have nuggets of inspiration and knowledge that can benefit others.

Also, when someone takes the time to comment it gives me motivation and inspiration!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Regina,

No worries, there will be kettlebell, and yoga here too! No videos, but there's plenty of them archived on the other blog.

KB's is such an important part of staying strong and healthy and I will continue to promote it as the miracle it has been for transforming my body.