Sunday, December 28, 2008

More info on Tracy's Saturday Swing Classes @ Girya Palo Alto

Here are 3 videos of the class I taught at our "Team Rif" workshop in Healdsburg, CA in Sept. the first one is the start of class, I'm using the 12kg & the 16kg. The secind video demonstrates a progressive number of reps as we are buliding up to midway through. The last video shows a swing and snatch ladder in the last 10 minutes of a workout that lasted over 45 minutes...notice a few of the sudents missing....they had enough after the first half hour, lol!




The difference between the Master and Beginning classes, besides a 15 minute longer workout is that the Master class will be "longer work to rest ratio" of swinging, and may include snatches. The Master class is scalable, but it is my actual workout, so you'll be my "training partner"! The Beginning swing class will almost always be an "equal work to equal rest ratio", it is also scalable to your abilities.



Learn to Swing class is for new students that have never swung a Russian kettlebell, or if you feel you need more practice and/or instruction before attending the beginner class. I recommend 4 weeks of learning the swing and it will be instructed as follows,

week 1, 2 hand swing and variations of the 2 hand swing
week 2, 1 hand swings
week 3, transfers
week 4, roundabouts, and practice, practice, practice!

I am offering 4 classes for the price of three, but they all have to be in the same month period of time, for the simple reason that I believe in consistency. I'm most interested in people getting results, and to do that you have to train regulary.....I haven't missed a workout in almost 3 years, and I expect the same from anyone interested in training with me! Come 5-10 minutes early to stretch and warm up on your own, or park a few blocks away and use walking as a warm up, but be ready to start swinging, on time!



Girya is a small studio and can only accomodate 5-8 students, so I encourage you to reserve your space via email or phone, tracyrif@yahoo.com, (408)421-8293.

I hope these classes can work into your schedule because, I promise, you'll truly be inspired to take your training to a whole new level!

6 comments:

fawn said...

Looks great Tracy!

Diana said...

Damn, I wish I lived in California!! When does your DVD come out????!!! Put my name on the pre order list!

La Saun Taylor, SFG, AFAA-CPT said...

Great job teaching! You look great as always!!!! I enjoy watching you swing, it gets me excited to go swing my bells even more. I'm still dropping the weight, stomach is almost flat!!! Made some changes to my workouts, but still centered around your high volume swing variations with 12K. When I reach my goal, I will send you a before and after pic. Many thanks to you:)

La Saun Taylor,RKC

Tracy Reifkind said...

Fawn,

Next time I'm in town we'll get some video of a class we'll do together....maybe a Master swing class, your students are ready!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Diana,

I would love to kick your ass in one of my swing classed! LOL!

Tracy Reifkind said...

La Saun,

Every workout doesn't need to be high volume, of course. But as our training evloves we find out what works and what doesn't work.

First priority? What gets us in the gym regularly....if it's variety then so be it.....

I can't wait for the "after", I've seen the before, lol!