Thursday, December 17, 2009

Perfect Again

I had an incredibly lazy day yesterday. I missed yoga (on pupose), I did get, kind of, a workout doing a few Get-ups at Girya w/Mark coaching me.....I ate a big peice of chocolate cake......and a scone.....I haven't done that in forever. Got in back in bed around 12noon, and there I stayed. I thought I would feel better today with all of that rest, but no. I want to cancel my morning, call in sick, and bail.

But I won't.

I missed 6:00am Spin....again, for maybe the 3rd or 4th time in a row. Because I didn't even get the dishes done yesterday, so I had to, basically, do all of my housework first thing this morning. We are babysitting the two Rugrats, Willy & Nilly during the Holidays, so I've got 7 freakin' cats again and 2 litterboxes......Oh, and one fat cat that I'm trying to keep on a diet....oh, and another that's got some kind of skin allergy so I have to medicate her twice a day.....good Lord, cats have some big sharp teeth....yikes!

I'm not in any kind of mood. I'm spoiled, that's the problem. In my perfect days I get to Spin, KB, Yoga, walk, cook, eat, nap, start over and repeat......

One of the thoughts I had this morning was of my blogpost I wrote a couple of weeks ago about losing momentum.....that's all this is. I lost a little momentum yesterday, when my whole day fell apart....and then this morning continued to fall.....

It's 6:12am. I've got to get some gas in my car to make it to Palo Alto this morning, and then in about 45 minutes I'll do my first 2 hand KB swing.....and then it'll all be perfect again.....

8 comments:

ajam00 said...

Tracy,
I've been reading your blogs for about 2 weeks now. I really look forward to it. I guess we all have days like this but I like the fact thay you say once we get that first swing in it will be perfect. I feel ya! Sometimes I'm waiting for the perfect time to get that first swing in. It doesn't matter I just need to do it. Thanks for your blog.

Shelly said...

Its all about balance, you know that! Sometimes things tilt in one direction, and it takes some momentum to get back to a place of balance. Seems like the kettlebells give you that momentum. Stay with it, girl.

Christine Hoober, RYT 200 said...

I love to read that you're human! Don't we all have those kind of days? And, you may want to get another litterbox... or two!

Tracy Reifkind said...

ajam00,

I've said many times over the past few years that once I start swinging, then the blood starts pumping again, and then no one can stop me until the workout is over!

Class went as expected, time was lost for about 1 1/2 hours....a "good" lost, and then right into yoga....another 90 minutes "good" lost.

Fianlly this morning I'm off to Spin....

Tracy Reifkind said...

Shelly,

Interesting....KB's do give me that forward momentum. I never feel worse after a KB workout, I always feel better....always.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Christine,

I need a bigger house to add more liiterboxes! I don't have an "attached" garage, I don't have a basement, I don't have an extra bathroom, I don't have a big closet, the only place left (which I do have!) is my laundryroom, and I can only fit 2 big boxes in there!

I may want to get rid of a cat....or two, lol!

Christine Hoober, RYT 200 said...

I forget about that West Coast real estate - all my friends that have visited here marvel at how big my house is! It isn't by midwest standards, but by California standards, it's huge!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Christine.....I wouldn't trade my small California home for anything!

Besides, I have too much crap already...it's time to downsize....good Lord isn't that what "old peolpe" say?