Tuesday, June 29, 2010

16kg Snatch Ladder 10-1, 4 minutes 40 seconds

I've got about 8 days until I'm in St Paul for the Level 2 RKC where I'll be tested on some new skills of strength as well as all of the Level 1 skills including the 5 minute 16kg Snatch test. I could do this test anyday of the week, but this time I want to do it better!

Today was the last day I'm allowing myself to touch the 16kg snatch, so I had to kill it. I completed my 10-1 snatch ladder (110 snatches, 19 transfers), in 4 minutes 40 seconds...whew! I should be able to test next week at about 4 minutes....and that's all this old bird's got in her, lol!

After about 1 hr of group training at Girya, I headed over to Equinox to test this ladder first thing before the rest of the workout. We started after about a 10 minute warm up (longer than usual, as I was trying to find the right hand protection to keep my calluses from pinching). Here's the workout that completed my training this morning:


5 minute snatch holds w/12kg

7 sn R, 15 sec, hold overhead on the last sn rep for 15 sec, transfer
7 sn L, 15 sec, hold overhead on the last sn rep for 15 seconds, transfer back
repeat 5 x = 5 minutes

1 minute rest

3 minutes hold snatches w/12kg

1 sn R, hold overhead for 15 sec, 7 sn R, transfer
1 sn L, hold overhead for 15 sec, 7 sn L, transfer back
repeat 6 x = 3 minutes

1 minute rest

1 sw R, 1 sn R, 1 tr
1 sw L, 1 sn L, 1 tr
repeat for 1 minute and then add on a snatch / neg press

1 sw R, 1 sn R, 1 sn R, neg press to rack position, 1 tr
1 sw L, 1 sn L, 1 sn L, neg press to rack postion, 1 tr
repeat for 1 minute and then add on a clean

1 sw R, 1 sn R, 1 sn R, neg press to rack position, clean, 1 tr
1 sw L, 1 sn L, 1 sn L, neg press to rack postion, clean, 1 tr
repeat for 1 minute, rest for 1 minute

And then repeat the last combination set for 10 minutes straight, in two paces. The first minute is a slower pace, before speeding up for the second minute....keep changing the pace back and forth, 5 of each, to complete the 10 minutes.

That's it.

I wish I had video of these progressive combinations, because there is a reason for my madness.... the video would help demonstrate not only the combination, but the pacing also. I did these same combinations with my group class earlier in the morning because we learned (some re-learned) and practiced the clean. I'll write a blogpost soon about how I teach the clean "backwards", although Mark taught it to my group today....when you've got a Master Instructor in the house how could you not want to learn from the best!

3 comments:

Dirigo said...

I am looking very forward to the video, as I read your blog religously.
Thanks
terri

Tracy Reifkind said...

Terri,

I'll be able to blogpost many more of my class workouts, as well as my own personal workouts, without having to explain so much....watch the DVD and you'll already be familiar with how I start the routine, and many times where I'm going with it.

One of my regular students, Meg, can guess what the next combination, or prgression will be based on training with me for more than a year....but I still have lots of surprises!

Dirigo said...

I am fairly new to kettlbells and being a bit overweight but seeing progress, you inspire me and many others so keep up the good work.
Like I said, can't wait to see the video.

Terri