Sunday, January 16, 2011

1200 Swings...old school style

Thursday morning, before Mark and I left for NY and the Dr Oz show, I decided to look back to the very first workout I posted on my blog over 4 years ago and repeat it as a way of comemorating all of my hard work these past few years that have got me to this point. I tried to tape a short demo, but the batteries on the flip ran out just before I started to swing....here's what I did get on tape...



Here is the original post to a 1200 Swing workout,




As I re-read this training post I was surprised to see the 20kg used for much of the workout, as I rarely swing even the 16kg anymore. Even more surprising is my comment on how easy I felt the workout was, because it was far from easy this time! I'll have to write a blogpost about differences in how and why my training has evolved into what it is today...but one of the reasons is that I train as I teach, which means I swing and snatch probably 3 times more than I did 4 years ago.


This workout is all 2 hand swings, and all done equal work/rest ratio. If you think it sounds easy then try it and let me know how it goes for you! Old school, "Tracystyle"...jeans and all!




I finished the workout with "5 x 5" double bell swing/clean/press combinations, which I'll share and post another time.

6 comments:

Tedee said...

I love 1200 swings with equal work/rest ratio! It's where I am with my swinging workouts at the moment, and the results are AMAZING! It's challenging, straight forward, no nonsense swinging. Thanks for posting it again Tracy!!!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Tedee,

I did this with one of my clients on Thursday morning, and afterwards she told me that she likes training with me because unlike a class, where I have to do a bit of "entertaining" and scale for different abilities, for these workouts it's simply "nose to the grindstone" and get'er done!

Diana said...

"Boring" is "BEST"!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Diana,

I agree! But only so boring...

I'm going to be doing these types of workouts at least every other week. It was good to feel "pumped" at the Dr. Oz show.

(get used to me mentioning that alot! I've got to milk it for all it's worth, lol!)

Andy said...

It's in which I am with my swinging actual exercises on the moment, as well as the last results are AMAZING! It's challenging
I have play the wow for a long times and have some good advice for you to get the best World Of Warcraft Gold with goods ways, I also have the best ways for you of the Cheapest WOW Gold, please don't hesitate !

Motivation A Must said...

Movie Star Motivator-Personal Trainer NYC, ''I motivate you''. John is a master adviser.Image consultant date coach and business consultant. Servicing the client's tempered headquarters: http://motivationamust.com
We are New York City best personal trainers, and suitable to service clients in any state.