Friday, February 11, 2011

Sophi and Grandma do yoga


I bought my granddaughter Sophi her own little yoga mat and DVD on yoga for toddlers http://totyoga.wordpress.com/. I thought it would be fun to play around with teaching her yoga when I visit, as well as including her mom, Cristina, and other grandma, Tina, too...we can all be yoginis! Besides, it gives us an excuse to wear cute yoga clothes, lol


Right away, when we rolled out Sophi's yoga mat she naturally went into a "up dog" position...belly down and chest lifted by her arms...that kind of surprised me! But getting her in "down dog", although it didn't take long, was more challenging for her because Sophi is used to squatting and bending her knees. Sophi doesn't spend much time bending over with straight knees! But she got it quickly and I can't wait to have more time with her, Cristina and grandma Tina to practice more.

No comments: