Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The First of Three 2012 rep workouts

Whew!  I just spent the last 30 minutes, or so, journaling today's training.  I had planned on designing a 2012 rep workout for this weekend, but honestly it's about what I do already three days a week given that I teach and train with my class and sometimes my clients, so I thought I would make it "formal".  Since my swing classes average 600-800 swings in 30 minutes (and I teach two on Tues/Thurs, three on Sat), 1400 swings was a done deal....all I had to add in was 612 snatches....that's how I arrived at that ratio (to be honest, 2012 swings would be easier!)

During this past month I decided that I would only pick up and train with the 14kg on Tuesdays.  Nothing heavier, nothing lighter, so if I decide to swing doubles, it has to be two 14kg's.....stands to reason why I had to also snatch the 14kg today....darn!

I do have some grand plans for the rest of the week, but I tore my left palm open and it looks as if I'm just going to have to get in the habit of taping up.  I will probably not have time to post any of these exact workouts...but not to worry!  I've got the advanced version (800 swings) of Christmas Day "25" workout that I will post in the next couple of days. And the workouts I did today are really, really fun so you will eventually see them.

How bout you come up with a 2012 workout for me?

2 comments:

guy said...

Ye old hand tears really bite. Hmm, I actually could not think up a better swing workout than you could, however i do have a fondness for transfers. If that helps, thanks BossLady!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Guy,

I find transfers to be the easiest o n the hands for high rep numbers. For high reps I find swing transfers to be the next easiest...and I mean HIGH rep numbers like over 250 closer to 500 and up (continuous)

I tested the 16kg for 1000 continuous reps and I was not successful the first time I tried it (about 1 year ago). I started out with 10/10, got to about 200, then I was able to gut out another 200 2 hd, or so...had to put the bell down. The second time I was successful using sw/tr!

Thanks for the idea though...you made me think again of the continuous 16kg....