Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bonus No-Brainer "10-20-30-40-10"

I should start a new series of workouts simply called "Bonus No-Brainers"!  These are workouts that are really old school Tracyrif routines that use 3-6 sets, alternating in order, over and over until the allotted (or chosen) amount of training time has been met!

Yesterday after cruising through my morning class and training with a couple of my clients I needed just that little extra difficulty for my own piece of mind!  So, armed with my trusty 16kg I knew I wanted to do a few hundred more swings, and a handful of squats.  I had to be quiet so I apologize for the soft audio, I set the camera up during a busy time and really couldn't cater to a full production, but if you want to get in your few hundred swings and a handful of squats with me then here you go.  Personally I repeated this rotation 5 times, and this video was my last go through.






"10-20-30-40-10"

102 hd swings (15/15)
20 2 hd sw (30/30)
30 2 hd sw (45/45)
40 2 hd sw (1 min/1 min)
10 goblet squats, (1/2 swing included) (1 min/1 min)

6 minutes per rotation
100 swings, 10 squats

I'm not training my squats for strength as much as I'm training them for flexibility these days.  I also like the added benefit of working my biceps while holding the bell in the goblet position.

7 comments:

Hanelle said...

This is SO on cue, Tracy, it's like telepathy! Just this week I've been thinking to myself that I really need to spend some more time on "regular" strength exercises like squats, deadlifts, rows/pulls and presses. This workout is sure to get me going, so thanks! :)

Diana said...

This is great! Those last 10 could be almost anything I would think...
.....or, why make it the same thing each round? First round it's 10 squats, 2nd round it's deadlifts, 3rd round it's presses, etc....

Tracy Reifkind said...

Hanelle,

Gotta do this stuff! Like it or not, which ties in really well with Diana's idea (below!)

I think I'm going to like posting these "no brainer" workouts!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Diana,

Great idea! My squat has come a long way in the past couple of months....really it's the "clean" with it's bonus bicep work that gets me motiveated! Gotta like them "guns", lol!

Hanelle said...

I also like the idea of mixing it up - great tip, Diana! It's not that I don't like strength moves, they've just somehow taken a back seat to swings and snatches the last while. But a workout like this would be an excellent way to have the best of both worlds. So keep 'em coming, Tracy, I for one could certainly do with more "no brainers"! :)

Pat Carroll said...

We liked this workout a lot but haven't done squats in a while ... very extremely sore today! And we laughed a lot because you were so expressively QUIET. Thanks, Tracy.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Pat,

Squats and dbl bells will make you seriously sore if you don't train them regularly! Now you guys are "broken in", lol don't stop!

glad you guys got a little chuckle btw!