Friday, September 28, 2012

Real Quick...Double Sinister!

Double Sinister.  Goodness!  the first time I applied double bells to the Sinister workout I alternated the single 24kg with dble 12kg's.  Really?  I don't know how I did it...pure torture!  (last video demos a short warm up followed by this workout done last year in Sept, but I never posted it)  This time I laddered up the dble bell sets (two 12's) and I think I used either a 16 or 20kg...don't remember now...kinda looks like a 20, but I may have switched them out! It's been a couple of weeks since I trained it)



Sinister, in case you forgot!  All sets start on the "30 seconds", followed by one last 30 sec rest period.

5 reps
10 reps
15 reps
20 reps
30 sec rest

2.5 minutes, 50 swings

5 dbl bell, 10 sngl bell, 15 sngl bell, 20 sngl bell rest

5 dbl bell, 10 dbl, 15 sngl, 20 sngl, rest

5 dbl bell, 10 dbl, 15 dbl, 20 sngl, rest

5 dbl, 10 dbl, 15 dbl, 20 dbl.

4 rotations, 10 minutes, (100 reps w/dbl bells, 100 reps w/sngle bell....I love how that works out!)

Repeat as much as time, energy, will or desire permits!



PS, In the first video I repeat the first four rotations for a complete 20 minute, 400 swing rep workout.  Half way through you will hear me talking with my  training partner who showed up just as I was finishing...I made her swing with me!

4 comments:

Diana said...

I've been doing a fair amount of work using "kind of" the same thought....using the 24kg and alternating the same workout with double 12kg's. I added squats and only do 10 reps of each move. I'll have to give this one a try!
In a week or two, I've got something BIG coming up!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Diana,

Ebb and flow...training takes on many phases. Good luck with your "BIG" thing coming up!

Diana said...

Thanks! :)

Maribel said...

Flashback! Doubles Sinister...gosh, that sounds scary. Not to you, I'm sure.