Monday, October 15, 2012

"No Brainer", Heavy Swings...or whatever bell you wanna swing! All equal work to rest!

I don't think it's a mystery why I started creating these workouts I title "No Brainers"...sometimes you just don't want to think, you just need to swing!  I try and keep these "No Brainer" workouts as simple as possible (per rotation), and then simply repeat the pattern over until it fits into the time I have left to train.  Here is the one I did last Tuesday using two heavy bells, but it can easily be done using one bell, just use what you have on hand that is appropriate for your own strength and cardio conditioning. After reviewing it, I liked it so much that, I will most likely be repeating a very similar workout after class tomorrow morning!



10 2 hd sw x 1 set (15/15)
10 transfer swings x 1 set (15/15)
10 2 hd sw x 1 set (15/15)
5/5 one hd sw x 1 set (15/15)
10 2 hd sw x 1 set (15/15)
10/10 one hd sw (30/30)

3.5 min per, 70 swing reps
x 5 rotations w/20kg and 24kg
17.5 min, 350 swings

Oops...I miscounted and I just figured it out now, a week later!  I thought each rotation had 60 swing reps, but now I see it was 70 reps!  Which means I miscalculated the training time too...oh well!  A few more swings never hurt anybody!

I am hell bent on testing my 5 minute, 20kg snatch again, sooner than later, so I have to plan for it.  Heavy swings, light snatches....wait until you see the snatch workouts coming!  But you may need a few brain cells for those...luckily, if you want to train along, I'll do the thinking!

5 comments:

Diana said...

Can't EVEN imagine what you're brain is concocting for the snatch workouts! Of course, I'll be waiting patiently! :)

Tracy Reifkind said...

Diana,

I'm going to have to give it to you in "installments" lol!

I'll work on the first one tonight...maybe it'll be up before I go to bed!

Maribel said...

Yes! I'm doing this tomorrow. Should I try 1 hand swinging the 16k? or stick to the 14k? I have a 20k for the 2HD swing.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Maribel,

Use the 16kg for one had swings!

Mahda16 said...

I love this one, it's my go to, that and the Sinister, I love 'em.