Thursday, July 25, 2013

Double "Swing Snatch", and Maribel's first ever 10kg snatch set!



I started a new swing/strength cycle this morning, only this one is only 3 weeks long.  It will ramp up quickly and aggressively and then end 7-10 days before my August 17th Kettlebell Sport competition.  It includes double 16kg swings (sets of 10), and it also includes minute long swing sets with the single weight (40 reps w/16kg), but instead of the 32kg I'm using the 28kg because the workouts are starting at 30 minutes (instead of 22.5) and will increase at least another 6 - 10 minutes over the next two weeks.  A 30-40 minute heavy workout is much more intense than a 22.5 minute workout...maybe.  In this cycle there is more rest, so taking that into account it's not as extreme as it appears.

The second part of this mornings workout was double snatches w/12kg's.  While Maribel warmed up for her 10 min 10kg snatch set I went ahead and did 10 sets of double swing/snatch (7 reps) per 30 sec work to rest.  I then helped her through her FIRST EVER 10 MINUTE 10 KG SNATCH SET!  I'm soooo proud! She smashed it (75 L/79 R), and didn't suffer near enough, so I know with only about 4 weeks until competition, no doubt, she will complete a 10 minute 12kg snatch set! ( I know I'm going to shed a few tears too!)

So, a short video of a new favorite of mine, "swing snatches", this time with doubles.  7 rep per 30 sec work to rest x 10.

I'll be back to post more about our heavy Thursday swing workouts, and the progress we are all making in preparation to the Orange Kettlebell Club Bay Area Championships!


6 comments:

Diana said...

Congratulations to Maribel!
I love "firsts" !

Tracy Reifkind said...

Diana,

I'm so looking forward to Maribel's comp with the 12kg!

And then we are coming for you! lol

Diana said...

Deal!

Tracy Reifkind said...

I heard it in black and white!

Maribel said...

Thanks Diana! I'm starting to get pretty pumped for the competition. I'm not a competitive person at all, so this new "rush" is new to me...it's kinda cool!

Diana said...

Maribel...
Not only is cool, it's also so very addicting! LOL...