Sunday, July 21, 2013

Two crazy kids!

I just wanted to write a quick post about a couple of really cool kids I met a little over a year ago at my first book signing, James and Melisa McNeil.  Little did I know that I would develop a pretty close relationship with the two of them, especially Melisa as I had the chance to work with her swinging bells, going on walks and even making her go to yoga with me.

The two got married last year and training, exercise and diet became less of a priority until a few months ago when I got a call from James inquiring where to get a 24kg bell (I think that was the reason?).  His call came shortly after my first GS competition, and as soon as I heard his voice I had to tell him about the sport because I knew he would love the sport and thought he would be perfect for it.

Of course James got online and started researching it, and about 1 month ago came over to our garage gym to practice some GS technique with me.  The next week or so he met with John Buckley for the first time at Juno, and I suggested he bring Melisa with him.  Now they are both training for the August OKC Bay Area Championships!  I feel like a proud momma!

Yesterday we were all at Juno and it just kind of tripped me out!  These two crazy kids, for some reason found out about my book signing and came to meet me, and now here we all are!



2 comments:

Maribel said...

I totally remember him at your book signing. See what you create? Not everyone gets crazy hooked on your training, but those of us who do, really, really go crazy over it. Two more "victimes" muahahaha!

LOL, just kidding, we come willing!

I really wish I could go to Juno with you guys...oh well, maybe at some point my schedule will allow it. For now, you're garage gym is just as good, in my humble opinion ;)

Tracy Reifkind said...

Maribel,

I think after the meet you might find a way to mosey on up there a few times! But I agree about the garage gym...you know it used to be orange! lol