Monday, December 29, 2014

The Swing Workout #7! And The Swing Quest 2015!

Probably my favorite workout from The Swing!  For weeks now I've been practicing this exact workout as well as designing new and fun variations of it for my Thursday swing workouts and in my group classes.  80% of workout #7 is done in sets of 20 reps, and once you are familiar with, and know my other one hand swing progressions practicing your own variations of this workout provides so many possibilities.



Details for workout #7 on on page 139 of The Swing Book.

THE SWING QUEST 2015

This Thursday, January 1st, 7:00am-9:00am will be the very first SQ event of the year, which means one more swing rep than last year :)  lol  But in fact I've got all NEW swing workouts designed for 2015 in anticipation of teaching my own Swing Instructor Certification Course I hope to launch in 2015!  Yep, you heard it here first!  If you are interested in becoming an Instructor and learning how to teach and lead Kettlebell Swing group classes then stay tuned for more information over the next few weeks/months.  I'm currently organizing all of my methods and techniques from my Programming the Kettlebell Swing Workshop, Mastering the Hardstyle Kettlebell Swing DVD, and of course, The Swing book/Quest into a weekend long Certification Course!

Taking a weekend long Swing Instructor Course takes some consistent training to build the kind of conditioning it will take to practice thousands of swing reps over those two days that it'll make The Swing Quest look like a warm up :)  But seriously, like the rest of my workouts all of my routines are easily scaled to help you go the distance, and that's part of what you will learn from my Certification!  Everybody has to start somewhere and that "somewhere" is the very first workouts, #1-#4 in The Swing book.  That's how The Swing Quest starts and builds from there.  In fact if you can complete today's workout, #7, then you are more than capable to quickly build the capacity to double, even quadruple the work load for an event like the SQ.

The Swing Quest 2015
Noxcuses Personal Fitness Studio
2741 Middlefield Rd suite 102 (next to Starbucks)
Palo Alto 
7:00am-9:00am, Jan 1, 2015
$40 per person

Reserve your spot by emailing me at tracyrif@yahoo.com  Space and bells are extremely limited so I cannot accommodate any drop-ins.

Swings will start on time at 7:00am.  We will swing for 25 minutes with a 5 minute break x 4 rounds.  You can join in or leave at any half hour increment as long as I'm aware of your schedule.  

If I don't see you at The Swing Quest maybe I'll see you next week in St Paul, or Milwaukee!  Winter tour here I come.....but will there be snow?  Fingers crossed!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Tracy!!! Love all your workouts...


Diana said...

That's f*****g awesome! A swing cert!!
I can't wait to talk about this!!

We got the cold, but not seeing any flakes-sucks!

Anonymous said...


Great post! This really helps people to understand better! Thanks for share this information.
I am providing this Turbulence Training Course

Tracy Reifkind said...

Kathleen,
You are very welcome :)

Tracy Reifkind said...

Diana,

Well, at least I won't have to pack my snow boots...I'll exchange them for hiking boots :) Either way we'll have a great time!

Oh yes, and I'll tell you all about my new project!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Add Fitness,

I'm glad it helps :) It's my motivation that people understand and put it into practice!

gmkrehbiel said...

Great workout. Easy to do it twice for 1000 swings. ~Gwen

Tracy Reifkind said...

Gwen,

I like how you think!

Diana said...

Bring both kinds of boots.....we've got snow in the for ast!!!!!!

Diana said...

Forcast

Tracy Reifkind said...

Diana,

I saw snow for Sat/Sunday, but sunny skies the rest of the week....it will still be cold as hell so I'm bringing the warm ones :)

gmkrehbiel said...

Tracy,

Having a bit of a panic attack here. I just noticed that you have 2 different times listed for the night class at Fawn's tomorrow. The left sign up area says it starts at 5:30PM and the blog post says 6:30PM. Could you clarify? ~Gwen

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy! i purchased SWING about a year ago, had a little trouble understanding timing, etc so i was SO tickled to find your blog and watch this vid. now i get it! got myself a gym boss so i've got my timing and sets down. i LOVE these workouts! thanks so much