Friday, March 6, 2015

OTM "Swing Sandwich", and details on the next "Flash" 1 Hour Swing Class in La Jolla CA!



I really really like today's OTM workout!  It's 8 minutes in length so feel free to double it for an awesome workout in about 15 minutes!  Here's the progression, but you'll have to watch and listen to the video for the reasons why I choose them :) :

10 2 hd swings
15 2 hd swings
5 2 hd + 5 R + 5 2 hd (15 reps)
5 2 hd + 5 L + 5 2 hd (15 reps)
5 2 hd + 5 R + 10 2 hd (20 reps)
5 2 hd + 5 L + 10 2 hd (20 reps)
5 2 hd + 10 R + 5 2 hd (20 reps)
5 2 hd + 10 L + 5 2 hd (20 reps)

This is a perfect progression for not only learning and practicing the skill of one hand swings, but if you want to start increasing the weight of your one hand swings then give this a go with a bell you normally would use with only two hands.  You will find more of these types of "two hand swing/ one hand swing" combinations as I train myself and my students and clients to pass the new Strength Matters Swing Test, 200 one hand swings in 10 minutes.  For the complete guidelines you can find them here; 

So, now that you've been practicing on a regular basis who in the San Diego area wants to come swing with me for an entire hour?  

At the last minute I decided to contact my friend Franz Snideman at Revolution Fitness in La Jolla and organize a "Flash" One Hour Swing Class, Friday March 20 6:30pm! (http://revolutionlajolla.com/) Mark and I will be down in San Diego that weekend for the Strength Matters Summit where Mark will be lecturing on Saturday.  Of course you are invited for the entire weekend (http://www.attendstrengthmatters.com/), and if you are already coming to the SMS and you want to come swing, or if you live in or around the area please come and get one of the best swing workouts ever, I promise!

The cost is $40 per person and you will find the registration and Paypal link on the top of the left hand column here on my blog.  Space and bells are always limited so reserve your spot now! It's been two years since I've been down to Southern CA and I have no idea when I'll make it back, so let's not waste this opportunity to swing together!

2 comments:

Diana said...

This was a fun one! I did it Monday morning. I did it once with each: 12kg, 14kg, 16kg.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Diana,

Ah, nice! It's one I've been doing a lot of versions of with the heavier bells :)